Are you not being able to open an unknown or missing file extension? At times, we have lots of Programs Installed in our PC, but we delete them often as we don’t use them. Therefore, due to the removal of some software’s, there are file extensions that can not be opened because the main software is deleted or removed.
We explain what UNKNOWN files are and recommend software that we know can open or convert your UNKNOWN files.
Therefore, let’s go in deep about first – What are UNKNOWN files? How to Identify the right software/ recommend software that can open or convert your UNKNOWN/ Missing files.
Check this Out:
What is an unknown file?
Generally, an unknown file extension is a file extension that has not been recognized by the computer.In most cases, it means that you do not have the sufficient program installed on your computer needed to view the file, but it could also mean that you have a registry that is in need of repair. A quick scan of your computer will let you know if your registry is in need of attention or not.
OPENING UNKNOWN FILE EXTENSIONS
is a database of free programs to open many such unknown file extensions. OpenWith.org desktop Tool is a useful tool that lets you search for free software you can download, to open files of unknown file types.
- The first step is to download OpenWith.org desktop tool and install it. To download
- Once installed, if you right-click on a file you’ll notice a new line on the menu, “OpenWith.org – How do I Open This?”. Click that and the application opens and searches for a suitable free program to open it. Though you need to be connected to the internet to use this tool, it is quite fast and often returns a range of results.
- It will display a list of programs already installed on your computer that is compatible to open that program & if your computer doesn’t contain any such program it will ask you to download that program.
- Select the program you want to use. If you are unsure, you can double-click on each program and find more information about it.
- If the program you want to use isn’t already installed, click on the Download link. The program will be downloaded.
- Once the program is downloaded, a new folder will open with the installer. At this point, you need to run the installer to install the downloaded program. After you install the program, you will find Download changed to Installed.